Saturday, July 4, 2015

Beaming for Jesus - The WorkPlace

by Charles Ligon

Walking into the Auto Parts Store, I heard a very pleasant voice say, “Welcome to CarQuest”. I looked up and saw her beaming smile…as big as the room. Everything about this sales associate said “I love my job and I am here to serve you with joy and excellence”, and I felt very welcomed! I quickly walked to the counter to inquire about brakes and rotors. But, instead of asking about auto parts, I took a risk and inquired about her faith. “You’re a Christian, aren’t you?” Her smile grew wider as she lifted up one hand in praise to her Lord. Christ was in her and it was obvious she was serving God through her work by serving the customer. Her work was clearly an act of worship unto God. She was beaming for Jesus and it showed!

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven (Matthew 5:16). For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.  But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us (2 Corinthians 4:5-7).

Do you beam for Jesus in your workplace? Can others clearly see Christ in and through the work you do? Is your work an act of worship unto the Lord?  Do you serve others out of gratitude for all God has done for you? Finally…does your life reflect joy and is your work of excellent quality?  These attributes are essential for believers. As God’s ambassadors, we represent Him by what we say and do. If our effort is poor, we represent Him poorly and the testimony of Christ can be damaged.
Our workplace challenge is to evaluate our work demeanor and attitude.  Ask yourself, does His light shine forth from me and do I glorify my Father in heaven? Is my life in contrast to a dark world? If not, recognize that the workplace provides perhaps the greatest opportunity to demonstrate the difference Christ is making in your life. Decide now to let your light shine before men through testimony and action. Beam brightly for Jesus and make today count for His Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment