Sunday, March 24, 2013

Correction needed! by Charles Ligon


My dear friend cared enough to speak words of truth…words I needed to hear! He said, “Charles, I love you brother so please receive my words of correction”. Then he proceeded to point out something I had done that reflected poorly on me and the company I work for. Even worse, it was damaging to my Christian witness. My initial thought was to defend myself but I could not. He was right! I had had a lapse in judgment and needed correction. On that particular day, my friend spoke the truth-in-love to me. He held me accountable and it made me a better Christian.

How about you? Do you have a Christian friend who is willing to speak the truth to you when it is necessary? Do you have someone near you at work that will bring correction, when needed?

Proverbs 27:17 says “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens his friend's countenance.” Galatians 6:1-2 says Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness…Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ”.




I have found that accountability is crucially important for believers at work. We are continually tempted on every side and we need someone who will be there to encourage us, to rebuke us, to teach us, to rejoice with us, to weep with us and to sharpen us. Our effective Christian witness is dependent upon it and the word of God demands it.


Don’t delay! Ask a Christian co-worker to be your accountability partner and be willing to speak the truth to you, when necessary? Also, grant this person permission to ask hard questions such as, how’s your witness or how’s your prayer life or how’s your attitude? This simple but intentional proposal will protect your Christian witness, enrich your Christian walk and result in a more effective workplace ministry. Ultimately, the Bible reminds us in Romans 14:12 that “everyone will give an account of himself to God”. Why not begin now!



Make today Count…and do it For His Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment