Sunday, March 24, 2013

God's Mercy

Romans 9:14-21

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[ 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
 
This morning in Sunday School Rich taught this passage regarding the mercy of God.  As this is Palm Sunday and the week before the death and resurrection of Christ 2000+ years ago, how has God's mercy in your life directed you to where you are today?  Please feel free to post an answer.  It is a great week to spend some time on thanking God for His mercy and His Son dying on the cross for our sin!  Then on the glorious Easter Sunday, when Jesus was resurrected from the dead and conquered the power of death.  After Jesus came back from the dead, death has NO POWER over Christians.  What a reason to CELEBRATE  Would you give your life for someone you didn't like or someone who was mean to you?  Christ did!  He went beyond Himself to save me.  Do you know that if you were to die tonight that you would go to heaven to be eternally with the Lord.....................???  The prayer is that you are ready.  But if you are not, please stop right now and ask Christ to save you

No comments:

Post a Comment