Saturday, August 30, 2014

Words from Deb

Dear Friends,

    Greetings to you in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ.   Let me begin this message by communicating to you that I missed my Sunday School class while I was out of town.  I love going
"home" to  CA, but yet I miss my "home" in NC.  We are a class that cares for each other, lifts each other up, and in process of learning to be more like Christ. 

     As we start this new Sunday School year together, it is exciting as it seems like a fresh start after people have come and gone all summer long.  Fall will be coming shortly, and there is a kind of electricity in the air as people settle back down to routine, the trees start changing colors and football is once again in action.

    Maybe it is only me, but during the summer I tend to get out of routine.  If you would allow me to suggest as the beginning of Fall approaches, that the disciplines of a Christian life; i.e. Sunday School,worship attendance, Bible reading, study, prayer and purposely living what we believe the Word of God teaches us, be of the up-most importance in each of our lives.  Most of us have said the "sinners" prayer but I dare say there may be many in the world who have said that prayer but not living that prayer.  Judgment is God's and God's alone, but as a Christian we should look and act different than the world.  Whether in the workplace, within our family, our volunteer positions or out in the community we should look different than how the world looks.  This world is not our home.  We are only sojourners.  These are just thoughts that I have been running through my mind for the summer and wanted to share them with  you.

     The Ruth lessons are posted and I humbly apologize for being so very, very late getting these lessons out.  I just posted all of them right in a row and then have started the 1 Peter lessons that Rich has already taught.  My computer has been out of commission for about seven weeks; three with a virus and four being out of town.  Thank you all for your understanding and patience.

Blessings to you,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment